Wednesday, February 25, 2015

30 Before 30

As my 30th birthday is somewhat approaching (September, 2016), I am choosing this occasion to mark the completion of a to do list.  This list consists of mostly fitness, cooking, and travel aspirations.  I hope to have fun with these goals, and will document along the way. 


30 Before 30

1. Run a ½ marathon.* We signed up for the Dallas Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in March 2016. DONE!
2. Get into a daily flossing regimen.*
3. Go to the beach. Done
4. Pay for someone behind me in a drive through.*
5. Do 20 consecutive pushups.* 
6. Learn the Thriller.* Yes, I will video tape me dancing, so you can learn too. 
7. Bake a sprinkle cake.*
8. Attend Baylor Homecoming. 
9. Be technology free for a consecutive 48 hours.* I am sad to report that when I am alone, I am constantly glued to my phone or my computer. 
10. Donate at least 10 inches of hair to Locks of Love.*
11. Reach and maintain my goal weight: 138lb.* This will put my BMI at 21.6. 
12. Take a Pure Barre Class.* Done
13. Take an exercise class outdoors.*  Done
14. Try Bikram Yoga.*
15. Swim under a natural water fall.*
16. Do at least one pull up.* This is very unlikely to ever happen.
17. Be a vegetarian for one week.*
18. Learn how to sew on buttons and patch up holes and tears.* 
19. Spend a night camping under the stars.* Done
20. Learn how to conduct a clinic visit in Spanish.* In other words, learn Spanish. 
21. Visit the Ellen Show.*
22. Travel to Asia. Done
23. Celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans.*
24. Learn how to make Wendy's Chili.*
25. Successfully bake a souffle.*
26. Put some color on my walls. Paint at least one room in my home.*
27. Perfect the splits.
28. Cook Pad Thai from scratch.* This is Yung's most ordered Thai dish. Also, cook green curry from scratch.* This is my most ordered Thai dish.
29. Watch a movie at the drive-in theater. 
30. Learn how to sing a song and play the piano at the same time. Or the guitar*-Only if Yung will teach me. Yes, I added this after my latest Maroon 5 concert. I was inspired!

It's time to get busy! 

*Denotes a new experience.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...