Friday, November 4, 2016

So...We Got Married

Once upon a time, a boy fell in love with a girl. He asked her to marry him and she said yes. They planned for a year long engagement and worked out the finite details of their wedding. Questions like 'Brown shoes or black shoes?' 'Should flowers go on the chairs for the ceremony?" "Where do we find an adorable, but slightly promiscuous cake topper?" and "Hair up or hair down?" invaded their minds for just over 365 days when that special magical night arrived at last. In the blink of an eye, the wedding flew by and they said adios to a week in Jamaica and married life began. 

And the end. 

Or really, the beginning!

So...yes! We got married! I am still adjusting to the idea of having a boy in my life permanently (it feels completely natural, yet surreal) and still getting used to the idea of our engagement. Somehow, time passed and we made it to our wedding day. 

We are seriously so excited and have already been planning what is next to come. I want to finish my 30 before 30 list and have a myriad of the goals in mind. I am mentally processing the fact that I turned 30 about a month ago, so my list may need some editing. 31 before 31? We have to consolidate our belongings and move in together. Our first holidays as a married couple are rapidly approaching. Christmas cards, anyone? We are getting started with our wedding thank you cards. We still can't believe people actually showed up at our wedding. It was truly unbelievable. 

In the meantime, I will be documenting details from the past year and sharing memories from wedding planning in all of its glory. I am also waiting for my next friend to get engaged ASAP so I can pass on my newfound wisdom and offer to make a timeline for them. Because who doesn't love a good timeline? 

Thank you for reading along! 
GIF credit: Aaron Lin
XO, Connie Lin Tsai ðŸ˜˜ðŸ‘‹ï¤—

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...