Monday, February 23, 2015

Ice Day Catch Up

Today in Dallas, it is icy and slushy. I am spending the day at home from work, because our clinic is closed. A far cry from the days when I would leave before the sun was up and tread slowly to work, because the hospital never sleeps.

Lately, I have kind of been on the go. Colorado one weekend, Louisiana the next, and finally Houston as my last stop. I am looking forward to being home for the rest of the month. By the rest of the month, I mean the next couple of days. It is practically March, ya'll!

I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day, Mardi Gras, and Chinese New Year.

Vday this year came with the perfect weather. We went hiking at Cedar Ridge Preserve, and also had a picnic when we were done. We really could not have asked for a better day.

Our breakfast: Gotta eat up before exercising! Note the heart shaped pancakes <3


Almost done with our hike. It was a beautiful day!


Our picnic. French bread, cheese, hummus, carrots, spicy pretzels, grapes, Teddy Grahams. All the good stuff.


"Please don't take a picture of me." And then that face happened.

So so handsome :) <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

We took the pups to run the field. 

Our dinner--Note the heart shaped rice.

Professor all dressed up for Vday. 

I spent Mardi Gras with Heather and her mom, Ms. Candi in Houston. We made the trip to see Maroon 5. MAGIC! and Rozzi Crane opened for them. We've kept up the tradition of going to concerts together, and we are planning to see Train (our FAV! or at least my fav!) in May.  That will be our 5th concert together in 5 years. I would say that is pretty good. 





I had 2 king cakes this year. One from Nelson's Donuts: This is pretty much a cinnamon donut with bavarian cream filling. Bavarian cream tastes like custard.

I also had a cinnamon/cream cheese king cake from Cakes By Kari.


Aren't these doggie bow ties the best? Courtesy of my mother, who is so creative and an amazing seamstress.

On Saturday, I received the most fun surprise at work! A special delivery from Yung!!! I work with the sweetest group of girls who jumped up and down with me as we admired the flowers. Well, I might have been the only one literally jumping. But you catch my drift. I was excited :) 


And yes, another day in the life on the news. Fun times :) 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...