Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Camping Birthday

At the end of September, we went camping at Lake of the Pines for my 29th birthday. I am not the most outdoorsy girl ever. I would consider myself moderately outdoorsy. Let's just say I carried around the hand soap, and visited the bathroom more than several times a day to run my hands under running water.

The accommodations were actually very nice, and we were close to the showers/bathrooms.

About 15 minutes after we arrived, this moderately outdoorsy girl tripped over a tree stump and skinned her knee pretty badly. So much so that I was worried about either developing cellulitis over the weekend, or contracting a rare flesh eating bacteria. I used to watch too much Grey's Anatomy.

All in all, we had a great time. We ate yummy food, relaxed, read, sketched, took walks, and just enjoyed the weekend without constantly being on the go and watching the clock. There was a no-burn ban, so we had to bring a propane grill to cook our food, but it all worked out. We survived on burgers, sausages, potato salad, pasta salad, fruit, and snacks. Like poptarts. And a Nothing Bundt Cake birthday treat.


All photos by @yungtsai

The dogs were exhausted each night from all of our activities and being outside all day. It was so cute to see professor curled up like a little bear each night to sleep.

We are looking forward to our next camping trip.

Here is a fun video that Yung made from our weekend.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...