Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Currently: May 2015

In the blink of an eye, it is the middle of May. Man oh man. I will never cease to be amazed how quickly time passes. I graduated just about one year ago.  (Already?!?) Here is what is currently going on with me--

Reading: I'm looking for some new summer reads. I've been reading "Something Borrowed" on my kindle for about the 10,000th time. 

Eating: Dairy and wheat free most days. Except when this hunky man shows up, and sweets talks me into burgers and cheese fries. Just kidding! But not really. 


Planning: May-June-July-August. Many fun things coming up, including, but not limited to: a trip (or two or three) home to Louisiana, a wedding, a baby shower, friends to visit, babies to visit, Houston to see Train, Taiwan with Aaron, New Orleans to round out the end of the summer. And possibly getting my last 2 wisdom teeth out in July. Possibly. 

Saying: "Hi, I'm Connie, the nurse practitioner! I'm going to come see you today! *smile*" I've been working some extra shifts, and I am proud to announce that I am finally able to glance at an immunization record and determine whether the child is under immunized or up to date on their vaccines. It only took me 8 months, but I've been doing a lot of check ups lately, so I'm getting plenty of practice in. I still keep all my cheat sheets with me, because my memory often fails me.

Needing: New tennis shoes. I have worn holes into my current pair. 

Learning: How to use the machines at the gym. I've tried nearly all the group workout classes, and now I have moved onto the machines. Yung walked me through a bunch of the machines last week, because I don't really know how to use them. Is anyone else intimidated by using the machines? Or maybe it's the muscle-y men that always congregate around them? Who doesn't think the Hulk is a little frightening?
I also took my first Pure Barre class yesterday. Another item checked off my 30 before 30. It was a very good experience! I am planning to commit to a personal Pure Barre challenge later this year, so I'll blog about it separately then.


Feeling: Ready to tackle the summer. Just living the life and not turning back. 

Much love always,
Conconlin 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...