Thursday, February 12, 2015

That Time That I Was On The News...Twice

During the last weekend in January (Superbowl Weekend), I had an interesting start to my "work week." Not only did plenty of sick children make appointments to come see me (when I was hoping for a quiet Saturday and Sunday), so did FOX and NBC. Yep, I was on the news! Both interviews were incredibly spur of the moment, and I received about an hour notice each time. FOX came on Saturday to discuss RSV, and NBC came on Sunday to talk about the measles. I had good experiences with each news station, and everyone was very professional and nice. I was nervous and kind of jittery before and after the interviews, but was surprisingly okay once the cameras were rolling. It only took one take to get everything they needed. I called my boss (Dr. Tsai) in a frenzy on both days because truth be told, I was kind of freaking out about being on TV, and was secretly trying to plot a way to keep the whole thing a secret.  Dr. Tsai is interviewed a lot, so he had many helpful tips for me, and we also reviewed talking points about each disease. All in all, I truly appreciated the opportunity to represent the clinic.  Thank you all for watching it on TV or through Facebook. I hope our community took away a few tips to keep their kids and themselves healthy throughout the year.

Here are the links to the stories:

FOX- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)

NBC- Measles
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...