Thursday, November 19, 2015

THE Engagement Story

On October 24, 2015, Yung and I got engaged. It happened on a cool fall evening near Mendocino, California, where we were visiting for a friend's wedding. On that particular afternoon, we were planning on taking a short hike at the Jug Handle State Reserve. We walked around while Yung took photos and tried to find a good spot to set up the tripod and get a picture of us. Little did I know, he was looking for the perfect place to propose.


After exploring the area, we found a clearing that looked good for a photo. Up went the tripod and we started taking multiple test shots. After we got our picture, Yung came back to me and said he was done taking photos. He had secretly pressed "record" on the camera, and our entire proposal was captured on film. 

Back in August, Yung gave me a late 2nd anniversary present--a mason jar filled with love notes for me to open daily for 32 days. 


Each note was numbered, and on that very afternoon, he presented me with a note that I had not seen before.

After I read the paper, I still wasn't sure what exactly was going on, if this was actually happening to me, if anything was actually happening at that moment, or if it was all a dream. All I thought was, "hm, what a nice note. Is he going to propose? Is this really going to happen today?!?!? Why is he asking me what I want for dinner?" (He really did, right in the middle of everything).

But seconds later, everything became clear as Yung got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was a moment I have memorized and will never forget; a moment I have been dreaming of, and waiting my whole life to experience.

Through all of life's ups and downs, I know our love and commitment to one another will be everlasting and I find great comfort in that. We have been given an incredible story, and we intend to live our lives together to the fullest.







It has been a couple weeks since the proposal, and I am starting to feel the significance and gravity of the fact that we are engaged!!!!!! Yes, I lived in shock for a while! More than anything, I am so excited to be married! All of the hypothetical scenarios--becoming husband and wife, starting a family, and spending the rest of my life with an amazing man are now becoming a reality. 

I forgot to share this earlier, but it was too cute not to post. Here is one of the birthday notes I drew for Yung. I really do like his face....always have, always will. 
Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...