Thursday, September 10, 2015

Indoor Picnic Date

A couple weeks ago, I decided to surprise Yung with an indoor picnic. It was pretty warm outside, so I thought something set up indoors would be better. I needed to spend most of my day charting, so I decided not to cook anything, but just purchase things that were easy to prepare. At first, I was going to buy traditional picnic food and maybe make some sandwiches with a couple of sides. Then I thought...this is an indoor picnic, so I can pretty much make whatever I want. I have access to an oven, microwave, and stove. The possibilities! I was not in a healthy mood that day, and decided to make a spread of bagel bites, pizza rolls, and dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets. Three foods that I grew up eating, and probably have not eaten in 15 years. I also went to the Sprouts bulk section and picked up a few goodies like chocolate covered espresso beans and chocolate covered craisins. Then I wandered over to the dessert aisle and decided we needed to try their raspberry crumb cake (it was awesome) and also a toffee chocolate chip cookie. I did serve fresh grapes with our feast, so we got at least one serving of a single fruit :) It was a great at-home date night, and the perfect solution for when the weather is too hot, cold, or rainy to be outdoors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...