Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Happy March! And Professor is 4!

Professor turned 4 years old last month, and I recently read his third birthday post. I noticed that I am now feeding him about half of what he was eating last year. I got two "talking tos" from the vet, at two separate visits. Professor's puppy BMI was slightly elevated, and I guess I was feeding him too much (although I was giving him the appropriate amount according to the back of the food bag) and also not walking him as much (no more two hour per day walks! we are down to one a day if lucky). I kept insisting it was his hair that made him look big, and I was informed that he had a nice layer of adipose tissue present that wasn't there before. I should have demanded to see his growth chart. Oh the joys of puppy-mommy-hood. 

He got a haircut yesterday, and had to be shaved because his negligent mama let some tangles get in his fur. Although he is very cute, he now looks like a large rat with very little hair. I am hoping the BMI has gone back down other wise I'm sure he's going to get some fasting lab work done to check his cholesterol and diabetes level. 

Kidding.

That's the speech I give my patients at work. 

Oh Professor. He keeps my life interesting and he never leaves my side. Professor wakes up every day happy and he is always eager to take on the day with a smile. I really would rather stay home with him than go out and be in the world. It's just the truth. 

One new development in the past year is that I have found a dog sitter whom I love. We have now used her three times, and it definitely puts my mind at ease enough for Yung and I to go out of town and have the dogs taken care of. 

On to March. I am looking forward to tank top weather :) 

Check out when Professor turned 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...