Thursday, June 25, 2015

Taiwan: Family

Most of my extended family lives in Taiwan, and it was great to see everyone during our visit. We didn't get to see one of my cousins, and forgot to take a photo with one aunt, but we got almost everyone in. 

This is my grandmother. She is a talented seamstress, and makes clothing that looks like it is sold at a department store. She has now taken up knitting. 

My granddad is in his 80s, and he continues to ride around on his scooter. Motorbike. Moped? I'm not sure what to call these things:

Anyway, go grandpa!

My cousin and Aaron on an outing in Miaoli.


My uncles enjoying a delicious vegetarian hot pot meal.


My aunt, an amateur yogi. She is an inspiration to me, as I would also love to spent time each day practicing yoga.


My grandparents- the morning we left Miaoli.

We also spent that morning visiting with my aunt and uncle on my dad's side of the family.

We met up with our cousin in Taipei for the most AMAZING Thai food ever. It could have been the air conditioning and the endless amount of ice water that kept refilling in front of my eyes that made the food taste better...but we loved it regardless. 

My uncle and Aaron, after a hike in Jiufen.

Aunt Tammy, who is one of my mom's closest friends from high school. She is a retired English teacher.

Uncle and Aaron in a park in Yilan.

Posing with our youngest cousins, who are so sweet and the most talented musicians. 

Next up: A recap of our first day in Taiwan. Miaoli and Hsingchu adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...