Thursday, May 28, 2015

Louisiana Recap

I spent last weekend in Louisiana visiting family, friends, babies, wedding-ing, and eating cake and donuts.

Food time:
These are from Nelson's Donuts (my all time favorite). We decided to branch out and also visit Delicious Donuts, which apparently are just as decent tasting (with more unique kolaches). I might have to perform a formal comparison on the two in the future--but that would require more taste testing.

My mom and I ate lunch at Southern Spice, one of our go-to restaurants. It was very yummy, as you can see. Next time, we are going to try something new, because I am starting to realize there is more to Lake Charles cuisine than I think. There are tons of local places we haven't tried. 



Dog time:
We took the dogs on a sunny walk downtown by the lake. They enjoyed the ride down there, and are happy campers in Lake Charles, because there is always someone around that is more than willing to play and love on them.




Baby time:
Two good friends had babies recently. I got to meet Baby Quebedeaux #2, play with Baby Q #1, and meet Baby Glazier #1 all in one visit. I also saw 2 friends that are expecting babies this October. 



Wedding time:
We attended the Kingsley-Baum wedding on Saturday night, and it was beautiful. It is always great to see old friends.



Cake time:
Aaron's birthday is not until June, but since he'll be in China during his actual birthday, we had some cake in his honor exactly onr month early. Kari made an awesome Rubik's Cube cake, because Aaron is THE Rubik's Cube wizard. He can solve the puzzle in less than 2 minutes. I can't believe he will be 24 this year. That means I will be 29. Yikes!



Post-rain walk time:
Sometimes rain makes for pretty clouds in the sky. 
Taken by Yung

Ice cream time:
Baskin Robbins was well deserved after surviving a torrential downpour on the way back to Dallas, and going to the gym after a 6 hour car ride. Thankfully, there were no tornadoes, but those clouds certainly looked suspicious. 


Here we are. Back to reality for a few days, one more road trip to Houston, and off to Taiwan. Hello Summer 2015!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...