Thursday, March 26, 2015

True Love

I was sorting through my closet today, and I found this:




Note the stain.

Many of you know that I am very clumsy when I eat. My family knows it the best. It is pretty hilarious how many times I will drop something on my shirt, swipe a sleeve in my food, or go so far as to spill my drink in my lap. Some call it being a slob. I call it enthusiasm. I just get so excited about food.


A couple weekends ago, Yung and I decided to get crawfish. Crawfish in Texas does not quite compare to crawfish in Louisiana, but it is still pretty delicious.  We went to lunch right after we worked out, so we were more than ready to eat. Apparently, everyone else in the Dallas-Ft.Worth metroplex was in the mood for crawfish as well, because it took almost an hour for our food to be served. By then, we were already planning what to have for dinner. 


Mistake #1: No bib. This fine seafood establishment did not offer bibs. No problem. I grew up eating crawfish. I know how it is done. Even though I was starving, I did not want to seem like too much of a pig. I tried to eat slowly and peel my crawfish carefully.


Mistake #2: Being so happy about the crawfish and relieved that my blood sugar was no longer dangerously low aka letting my guard down. Half way through our meal, I decide to glance down at my top. It was COVERED in crawfish splatter.


 "How did this happen????" I exclaimed in horror.


 I was being so careful. I could not comprehend what I was seeing.


Yung said, "It's not a big deal. We'll just wash it when we get home."


"Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!" (that was me)


In my moment of distress, I dropped a whole crawfish right onto myself. That would be the remnant of the stain you see pictured above.  It slipped right out of my fingers and landed on  my shirt like it belonged there. 


And without hesitation, Yung takes his ENTIRE crawfish covered hand and wipes it on the front of his very clean sweatshirt and says, "There. Now we're the same."


If that's not true love, then I don't know what is.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...