Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Oh Hey, January

I have been told recently that as we get older, time appears to pass by quicker. I'm beginning to think this sentiment is very true. First of all...
  • January is cold. For those of you that don't believe Texas is cold, it is. I live in North Texas. Sometimes it feels like I live in North Dakota. Yes, I have been to North Dakota. It is absolutely frigid there. I have been so thankful we have had no ice yet this winter. I'm waiting for you, Spring. My tank tops are ready and my toes are painted.
  • I tried a new class at the gym called Grit Plyo aka push yourself until you feel like hurling. My favorite kinds of classes.  It is also my favorite when I workout next to a man that appears to be 75 years old, and he is keeping up better than I am. And he turns to me afterwards and says "We did it!" Grit Plyo is a high intensity interval class, and I fully intend to go back. (Btw, the Les Mills classes are totally the bomb. I've been a fan for the last 3+ years.) 
  • Last Tuesday, the Dallas/Ft. Worth area experienced a multitude of earthquakes. I felt two of them. One was around 3:10pm-3:12pm. I think it lasted a few seconds. I was actually laying down on my couch half asleep, and I woke up to my house shaking and saw Professor on his feet losing his balance. I was SO confused for a few moments. Professor then ran upstairs to hide, so I knew something was up. The second one occured that evening around the 8pm hour. The water in my glass began quivering and I felt like I was in Jurassic Park. I hope that was the last of our earthquakes for a while. 
  • Yung and I went to Fort Worth last weekend.  We picked the coldest and rainiest day to venture one hour west. Our first stop was the Water Gardens. Some of the fountains were frozen over, so I don't think we got the full effect of the gardens. My favorite part of the afternoon was sitting in front of the fire place at the Omni, and relaxing for a few minutes before we walked around in the rain downtown. We had an early dinner at Bird Cafe, which is somewhat of a tapas style restaurant, and tried several unique dishes. Our favorite was the shrimp & grits with a jalapeno gravy.  Our activity for the evening consisted of attending a show at Four Day Weekend comedy theater. It featured a comedy group (6-8 men) performing different improv acts. They collected suggestions from the audience, and it is similar to Who's Line is it Anyway? As someone who is terrible at thinking on her feet, I admire those who can conjure monologues on the spot while simultaneously rhyming and being funny. Afterwards, we may or may not have gotten a second dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (get the tiramisu cheesecake, ya'll!!). And we may or may not have gone to The Golden Corral for dinner the next night. It was my very first time there, and I enjoyed everything I tried. I mean, where else can you get cotton candy, pizza, salad, and chocolate fondue all in one place? Win win win for all. 









I realize I did not get the memo about eating clean and starting on a fresh new diet for the new year, but at least I have joined the crowds and made it to the gym most days. It's a start. Gotta work for the king cake :) 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...