Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year Musings

Happy New Year, everyone! I have been reflecting on all the events that have happened over the course of 2014, and it really has been an incredible year. I am most proud of finishing my masters, passing boards, starting a new job, and leaving Professor to take a couple of trips. Yes, I am very attached to my dog, and I would rather sit in my living room with him each night than do anything else. Just kidding...but not really.

I have decided not to make any new years resolutions this year, but rather vow to slow down and truly live in the moment. I have somehow adopted a busy life style of list making and accomplishing task after task. I blame it on the past 3 years of my life. Life changes + new-dog-when-I'm-not-really-a-dog-person + grad school + work = Connie turns Type A. I am, however, working on a 30 before 30 list. It is filled with mostly fun (some practical) things that I hope to fulfill in the next 2 years.

I would also like to document and share more. Yung and I collectively take many photos, but only a small snippet is documented online. I often forget about the rest. We have been trying to organize our photos into books, though, which helps, and they are a lot of fun to look back on.

Pictures! Here we are showing off our "Ugly Sweater" gear. I'm loving tacky sweaters, and hope to one day own enough to wear them every day from Thanksgiving until Christmas. So far I have 3. One that I've inherited from my mother (so it's truly vintage) and 2 more that I have purchased. We had a lot of fun working on Yung's cool light up sweater. It was very easy. Sweat shirt from Walmart, battery pack lights from Lowes, safety pins, ornaments, and he was good to go! Maybe next year, we'll even put lights on his pants! I'm sure he'll be very excited about that. 


We had a silly moment at Yung's company Christmas Party. It was my first time at a corporate Christmas bash, and I definitely felt pampered. Yummy food, uplifting speeches, fun giveaways, and lots of dancing. 

Last but not least, our Christmas card photo for 2014. This photo was taken by my very talented friend, Heather. We got lucky. Sweet Professor doesn't stay still very long, but somehow Heather got a good shot. I think his life goal should be to become a therapy dog. What do ya'll think? Yes, I make goals...even for my pet. 

Happy 2015. Here's to a year of happiness, healthy decisions, and being brave. And love and peace and maybe some list making too.

Love,
Connie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...