Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Life Lately

Summer is officially underway, and I am savoring every bit of this warm weather and tank top wearing, because I have decided that I am a fan of the heat! I used to have trouble walking down our long driveway to get the mail from the mailbox. The sun would literally blind me, because the reflection from the white cement was too much for my retinas. 

Those days are gone. I would take summer over snow any time. Granted, the temperatures are going to climb above 100F next week, so I might take back all of this love in a couple days.

During the month of June, I was mostly getting over post-vacation blues, and getting back in touch with the real world. I am now recovering from a wisdom tooth surgery. Today is post op day 1. I got my top two out, as my bottom two were removed in college. I am feeling pretty good, and mostly determined not to be horizontal for a week. 

Several weekends ago, we spent a day celebrating our friend Kevin, who moved to Thailand. The day was packed with fun at the gun range, eating steak at Fogo De Chao, and hanging out at Celebration Station. At CS, we played putt putt, and I discovered I'm awesome at mini golf. Some people batted at the batting cages. I refused to wear the helmet, because I did not want to contract lice (that's the nurse in me talking). We drove go-karts, where I learned that I am a maw maw, and apparently thought I was driving fast, when in fact, 10 year olds were passing me up.

This is Aaron and I when Aaron was probably about one year old, and I am five. 

Little mama right there. I'm probably saying "No Aaron!!! Don't run too fast!! You'll fall and knock your only 2 teeth right out of your mouth!" 

Oh well. I did shoot a gun. That has to count for something.







Our Independence Day celebration took place on July 3rd, as I worked the entire July 4th weekend. We road bikes at White Rock Lake, had dessert before lunch at Steel City Pops, and tried out Wabi House-Ramen on Lower Greenville. The noodles and soup were decent, but the absolute best part was the creme brulee! Soooo yummy! It was black sesame based, and seriously delicious. I can't wait to go back and eat it again. Our day ended with a cookout that was really quickly put together, and also grilled kabobs a couple days later. 









Well, I'm going to go back to healing my oral cavity and sip on my 3rd bowl of broth of the day. 
Stay tuned for more Taiwan updates to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...