Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Friends & Love & Lists, etc

Summer is coming to a close, and I am gearing myself up for fall weather, birthdays, The State Fair, weddings, conferences, road trips, plane trips, and all the good things that come with this season. I have already made my 29th birthday bucket list and a holiday bucket list. Is that weird? When I found out that I will be working Christmas week this year, and my Thanksgiving holiday will be cut short, I started the holiday list making.

Speaking of fall, the Dallas Summer Musical line up is here, and I am excited to know that not only is Wicked coming back, but The Sound of Music, The Little Mermaid, and Elf will be playing here too!  
Here are some pictures from recent happenings around here:
  • Girls night eating Hawaiian food. So sorry, this is the worst selfie I've ever taken, and we took about 5 of them. Yes, that's my arm. Someone needs to invest in a selfie stick! 

  • Spent a couple of days with Aunt Billie and Jared.


  • Baby Glazier's baptism in Burleson. Such a sweet baby.

  • My colleague Alba's wedding. It was the loudest and most festive wedding I have attended.  The music progressed from live Tejano music, to Mexican techno (they also threw in Achy Breaky heart in Spanish), to some type of Mexican rock. The event center where the wedding was held also had a quinceanera and baptism celebration in the same building. It was definitely the place to be that Saturday night. I told Yung if we ever find ourselves without plans on a Saturday night, we should throw on our dress clothes and come here. It's not like we would stand out or anything ;)


  • NBC came to visit me again at work, and I talked about staying hydrated this summer. It's always strange to see myself on TV. Note to self: stop saying "um" and "you know." Check out the video here.

  • These ladies I have known for almost 7 years. Although I am more than fortunate to have good friends in different pockets of my life, I saw these girls (and many more that are not pictured) consistently every week for about 6 years. 12+ hour shifts will certainly bring the best and worst out of you, and this group has seen me through it all. 

  •  I visited Whitney on my way home last week, and we had a great time catching up. She and her husband live in the most gorgeous neighborhood. Her house has a beautiful back yard, a front porch with a swing, and a grand piano. I hope she doesn't mind if Professor and I move into her guest space :) 



  • When I got back to Dallas, Yung and I had dinner with his family at the Cheesecake Factory. They have the best cobb salad in the world...hands down. I am never disappointed.    
  •             
  • Any kind of delivery to work is so much fun. These flowers have brightened up our whole office, and has seriously made everyone around me so giddy. Thank you, Yung! 

Happy August, ya'll. Next up: More Taiwan updates and weekending in Louisiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...