Monday, September 15, 2014

Firsts

This past week, I had a couple of "firsts" happen:

I ran over FOUR miles without stopping. Ya'll. This is like the biggest news for me in a while. Then, a couple days later, Yung and I walked/ran 6.7 miles. We made time to take a selfie during a stretch break. 


I wrote my very first prescription and saw patients as a pediatric nurse practitioner. Instead of jumping up and down and squealing, I played it cool, like I do this everyday. I had no one to do a happy dance with, so I did one with Professor when I got home. I can tell already that this job is going to be change and challenge me. I'm in a completely new role and feel slightly out of my element, but I'm excited.

Yung and I kayaked around White Rock. We picked the coldest day of the summer to go. I have kayaked many times before, but it has been years since I've gone. I had forgotten that I always had my swimsuit on when I went.  This time, I had on leggings which were not waterproof, so I was doused with quite a bit of lake water, but no harm was done! The entire experience was very relaxing.  White Rock is growing on me! I'm loving being outdoors as much as possible and being around people that love to be active. We can't wait to go back and do it again.




I had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. It was accompanied well with the cool weather.



Here's a blurry picture of Professor:

He really wasn't up for photos. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...